DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application

DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application

Purchase and Inquiry

604-558-3223 (Ext. 802)


January 15, 2019

【Canada Intra-company Transferee Work Permit for Start-up Companies】

Q: My company recently opened a branch in Canada. I was asked to be relocated to Canada. I am the first transferee. In regards to a Work Permit, what should I do?

A: Even if it’s a new business in Canada, you can still obtain a Work Permit.  Companies may start a new business in Canada once they have at least 1 transferee.

When working in an existing Canadian business, the 1st Work Permit issued will be valid for 3 years. For new Canadian businesses, it will only be valid for one year, but you may file an extension afterwards.

If the transferee is in a managerial position, the company does not need to rent or purchase an office in the beginning.  The company may use the address of the law firm office that registered the business in Canada.  The company needs to have sufficient funds to start a business in Canada and to hire any employee(s).

By the time a Work Permit extension is filed for a Start-up company:

  • There must be at least one Canadian staff.
  • You must show that there is still a valid relationship between the Canadian company and its foreign affiliate.

Tips for Intra-company Transferee Work Permit application

IRCC Intra-company transferees-R205(a) C12

You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Apply Today!
Contact Us

For company requires an Intra-Company Transferee Work Permit to Canada

Does your customer need a Study Permit?

Follow Us