Let's make "Someday Canada" a reality!

~Start Your Career in Canada with Confidence~

Let's make "Someday Canada" a reality!

~Start Your Career in Canada with Confidence~

Purchase and Inquiry

604-558-3223 (Ext. 802)


May 4, 2020

【How to apply for a pre-approval of a Canada Work Permit quicker?】

I don’t feel comfortable applying for my Work Permit at a Canadian airport in one shot. What should I do? 

All our clients who have applied for Intra-company Transferee Work Permits in the past successfully obtained their Work Permits.  

Almost all of those clients brought in their applications at a Canadian airport, went through a simple interview, received Work Permits right away.

This option to apply for a Work Permit directly at an airport is for applicants that have some degree of fluency in English, or can study hard for it ahead of time. 

Applicants that want to have a peace of mind before departure, or have no English ability, may request for an Opinion Letter from the International Mobility Workers Unit

You may apply for a pre-approval if you meet these conditions, you are outside of Canada currently, and you don’t need a Visa to Canada. If you have a USA, UK, Australian Passport for example, you do not need a Visa. 

What you need to apply for Pre-approval:

  1. Special application form can be requested through IRCC.DNIMWU-UMITRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca The application form will be sent to your inbox. 
  2. All required documents for the Work Permit application 

To apply, you will send your documents to the IMWU by email. Your application will be processed within two weeks. This option is much easier and takes less time than if you were to apply at the Canadian Embassy. 

Business Visitors on business trips may also apply for a pre-approval.

The Opinion Letter is only a pre-approval. The final decision is made at the airport once you arrive in Canada.

You will need to show at the Canadian airport:

  1. Pre-approval letter from IMWU
  2. All relevant documents for the Work Permit application (The same as what you submitted to IMWU)

Please send an inquiry for any questions to
info@yupasscanada.com you have related to this article. 

You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Apply Today!
Contact Us

For company requires an Intra-Company Transferee Work Permit to Canada

Does your customer need a Study Permit?

Follow Us