DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application with affordable price

DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application with affordable price

Purchase and Inquiry

604-558-3223 (Ext. 802)


I have a business trip soon. What shall I prepare?

As a Business Visitor, you will need to prepare the following items:

  1. eTA  (Electronic Travel Authorization)

  2. Documents for business visitor (for when asked by an Immigration Officer)

Business visitors

A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada to take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market. Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days or a few weeks but are able to stay for up to six months. Business visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business are outside Canada.

Business visitors do not need a work permit.

If you are from a visa required country, you will apply a TRV from an oversea visa office.

What is a difference between eTA and a status in Canada?

An eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. About eTA →

You need a status to stay in Canada. This status includes a visitor, a student permit, a work permit for each purpose.

★ eTA is a requirement for traveling to Canada, as it is called travel authorization.   Status (or permit) is to keep you staying in Canada for a specific purpose.

In addition to acquiring an eTA before your trip, it is recommended that you have the following documents in your possession when you arrive at the border:

  • the passport you used to apply for your eTA

  • a passport or travel document that is valid for your entire stay and guarantees re-entry to your country of origin

  • a letter of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host company

  • other documents such as warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit

  • 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada

  • proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home

Even if an eTA or a TRV is issued, a border services officer at the port of entry could find that the visitor needs a Work Permit.  If there is a business relationship in place, your letter of invitation can explain the reasons for a visit and help prevent this from happening. Also, when the Canadian business provides 24-hour contact numbers, they can answer questions about the visit.

To summarize the above, eTA is enough to travel to Canada, but afterwards it is necessary to present documents at the airport to stay for business trips.

What actually happens at the airport?

  1. Be sure to tell an immigration officer at the airport that you would like to enter Canada for a business purpose. Do not go to the kiosk where you can finish immigration check through a machine. If found, you may be required a Work Permit.

  2. In most cases, your passport is stamped and you do not need to show the documents you brought. In some cases, you may have to show the documents a Secondary Room. ★ It depends on the judgment of the officer at that time of the entry. It cannot be assumed that it will always be like this.

When staying in Canada for more than 6 months, please be sure to extend your Visitor Record for a business purpose through in-Canada IRCC office.


Yumi Ueda, LLB 【Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant】

埼玉県出身。法学部卒業。2003年カナダに移住。ブリティッシュコロンビア大学(UBC)移民法プログラム修了。カナダの様々な移民コンサルタント・弁護士事務所にて勤務。2007年より、大手法律事務所・Davis LLP(2015年よりDLA Piper LLPに統合)に勤務。2009年、カナダ政府公認移民コンサルンタントの国家試験に合格。2016年に移民コンサルタント事務所、YuPass Canada Immigration Inc.を設立。これまでに個人・企業を含め、世界28か国1,000人以上のビザ取得をサポート。Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants会員。
Originally from Saitama, Japan and immigrated to Canada in 2003. Graduated from the Immigration Practitioner program at University of British Columbia in 2005.  Worked at an immigration division of Davis LLP (integrated to the world’s largest law firm DLA Piper) from 2007 to 2016.  In 2009, passed the national exam of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), and became a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.   Established YuPass Canada Immigration Inc. in 2016. Has experience with assisting over 1,000 customers from 28 countries. Member of Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants.

You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Apply Today!
Contact Us

Suggestion to reduce costs for hiring and Intra-company transferees

How to cut accompanying fees for study abroad

Follow Us