DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application

DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application

Purchase and Inquiry

604-558-3223 (Ext. 802)


October 6, 2016

How much should I be paid from my employer when applying for Work Permit or Permanent Residency?

I will have a job offer soon. Or I want a PR status in Canada!  But how much of the salary I should be offered in order to apply for these?  Let’s find it out!


Step 1.

You will need to determine what is the National Occupational Classification* (“NOC”) code for your position


Step 2.

Check the NOC code** also the Skill Type (0, A, B, C, D) if your position meets the Skill Type requirements of the immigration category you are applying
For instance, if you want to apply for a PR under a Federal Skilled Worker category, your position should be a Skill Level 0, A or B.

Matrix to check Skill Level

Step 3.

Check “median” wage by using the position name from the NOC or four-digit NOC code, and make sure the area is where your employer is located.

Wage Report

Step 4.

If your salary does not meet the prevailing wage in the area of your employer is located, negotiate your salary with your employer before you apply for your Work Permit or PR visa.

Many immigration programs require you to be paid at least prevailing wage when you apply for a Work Permit or PR visa.

Examples of Work Permit categories require prevailing wage:

  • Intra-company Transferee Work Permit
  • Labour Market Impact Assessment supported Work Permit

Most of PR applications require at least prevailing wage.

Examples of Work Permit categories do NOT require prevailing wage:

  • Spousal open work permit
  • Work Permit for students
  • International Experience Class including Working Holiday

*The NOC is a system used by the Government of Canada to classify jobs (occupations)

**Many of Canada’s immigration programs use it to decide if a job, or type of work experience, is valid for that program’s criteria

*** Choose NOC based on job description (not position)

You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Apply Today!
Contact Us

For company requires an Intra-Company Transferee Work Permit to Canada

Does your customer need a Study Permit?

Follow Us