DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application

DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application

Purchase and Inquiry

604-558-3223 (Ext. 802)


June 1, 2022

【Express Entry draw to resume soon! 】(Updated June 1, 2022)

Express Entry invitations to Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) applicants will resume in early July.

What is Express Entry (EE)?

Express Entry is an online system that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) uses to manage immigration applications from skilled workers.  It is based on a point system, and the IRCC gives priority to candidates who have high points and are attractive to Canada for permanent residence.  Once you know you are qualified for the Express Entry pool, you can create a profile in the pool and wait to be selected by the IRCC.

Being selected does not mean that you have received permanent residence.  It means that you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence (ITA).

Once you receive an invitation, you must complete the application for permanent residence within 60 days.

FSWP and FSTP had suspended this Express Entry draw in December 2020 and CEC in September 2021. Many candidates have been waiting for the draw to resume.

Can I update my profile?

Express Entry profiles can be updated to give you more points.

You must complete and register the application within 60 days of starting to create it, or you will have to start over again.  In addition, the profile you created will be automatically deleted after 12 months, so you will need to re-create it if you do not receive an invitation by then.

What kind of skills do I need?

There are three categories of Express Entry.  To qualify for the Express Entry pool, you must meet the criteria of at least ONE of three federal economic immigration programs.  You may be eligible for more than one program through Express Entry.  In that case, you will be invited to apply for one program based on this order:

  1. Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  2. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
  3. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

CEC – Applicants must have at least one year of technical or managerial experience in Canada within the past three years.

  • NOC Type 0 ‒ Managerial jobs (Managers etc.)
  • NOC level A ‒ Professional jobs(usually call for a degree from a university, such as doctors, architects etc.)
  • NOC level B ‒ Technical jobs & skilled trades(usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice, such as chefs, plumbers etc.)

FSWP – Applicants have technical or managerial experience outside Canada and whose score is 67 out of 100 or higher.

(NOC 0,A,B is the same as CEC)

FSTP – The applicant must be able to provide a job offer or proof of skills in a trade position required by Canada.

  • Electricians, engineers, mechanics, natural resource engineers, agricultural technicians, manufacturing supervisors, chefs, butchers, bakers, etc.

If one of the three categories above applies to you and you have an offer, you may be eligible to apply for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).  When you receive an invitation from the state, 600 points will be added to your Express Entry points.

How long does it take?

 After you receive an ITA and collect all the documents, the processing for Permanent Residence takes at least 6 months.

If you are educated, fluent in English, and have managerial or technical experience with a job offer, you may be able to obtain permanent residence in as little as six months.

If you are young, there is no reason not to take advantage of Working Holiday

If you are between 18 and 30 years old and want to gain work experience on a working holiday to lead to permanent residence, it will take at least 18 months.  This includes applying for a working holiday, looking for a full-time job that will lead to permanent residence once you arrive in Canada, and working full-time, as well as applying for permanent resident.  If you get a job offer from a Canadian company while you’re in your home country, you could get permanent residency in the shortest possible time!

Post-graduates Work Permit (PGWP) can obtain permanent residency while also acquiring language skills and a technical job.

Post-graduates Work Permit allows students who graduate from a Canadian school to gain work experience and lead to permanent resident.  The minimum time from applying for a Study Permit to obtaining permanent residence is three years. The key is to choose a school where you can get a job that will lead to permanent resident.

Create a company in Canada and get permanent resident.

If you have a novel idea and can contribute to Canada by employing Canadians and doing business globally by creating a subsidiary in Canada, or if you can contribute to Canada through cultural or sports activities as a self-employed person or sole proprietor, you may be able to obtain permanent resident. Of course, English is essential.

How much do I need?

The cost of applying for permanent resident through Express Entry is $1,365 CAD, although the cost varies depending on the method of obtaining the Work Permit required to work in Canada.  Additionally, proof of funds is required to apply for permanent resident and at least $13,200 CAD is needed.  There are other fees for medical examinations and biometrics.



You can find out if you are eligible for a program of Express Entry and predict whether you will receive an invitation or not, or how many points you will have, by calculating online, however, you may not have enough points when you fill out your profile.  Express Entry profile seems easy, but actually require some tricks and knowledge.

[by Kazue Maruyama, YuPass Assistant]

Please contact YuPass Canada before actually creating an Express Entry profile.


Related Articles

[Top Occupation ranking for permanent residents of Canada! ]

You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Apply Today!
Contact Us

For company requires an Intra-Company Transferee Work Permit to Canada

Does your customer need a Study Permit?

Follow Us