Can I immigrate to Canada without a job offer from a Canadian company?
The answer is Yes whether you are living outside Canada or in Canada. There are several ways for you to apply for a Canadian PR without a job offer. I will introduce a federal program, provincial programs and family union program for you to immigrate to Canada possibly without a job offer.
Express Entry plus Federal Skilled Worker or Federal Skilled Trade program
Generally, you will need a full-time employment in Canada in order to apply for a PR. In some cases, candidates can apply for PR without a job offer. Those who can obtain PR without a job offer is younger age, has excellent English and/or French skills and have good qualifications in term of Canadian immigration point of view.
This video explains how the Express Entry work https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1376927811&feature=iv&src_vid=y5ftuVERusg&v=IzfJ8QidomM
Federal Skilled Worker -You can apply for permanent residence if you are considered a “Skilled Worker”. You must pass a point system that shows the government whether you will be successful once you immigrate to Canada. You need minimum 67 points for this program.
Federal Skilled Trade program – The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who want to become permanent residents, based on being qualified in a Skilled Trade. Without a job offer, you will need to arrange your certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial.
2. Some Provincial Nominee Programs offer job offer exempt programs.
Besides meeting the qualification, you will need to show your intention/connection to reside the province.
Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following provincialcriteria:
- At least one yearwork experience within the past five years according to the criteria under the Federal Skilled Workers Program or Canadian Experience Class You will also need to qualify for either the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Canadian Experience Class.
- Education:Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above
- Language:A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or in French
- Settlement Funds:A minimum level of savings or income to support you and your family members
- Intent:An intention to live in Ontario
- Legal Status in Canada (if applicable):Must have legal status in Canada (i.e., study permit, work permit, visitor record) if currently residing in Canada.
- Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score:A minimum of 400 points in the CRS of IRCC’s Express Entry system.
*You must have a valid profile in the Express Entry pool.
Saskatchewan offers a program called International Skilled Worker: Occupation in Demand. Your occupation must be one of the demand occupations in the province. They open the window for candidates a couple of times a year.
- Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP point assessment grid;
- Have a language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.
- Have completed post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that’s comparable to the Canadian education system of at least one year in length.
- Have at least one-year work experience in the past 10 years:
3) Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Requirements:
- be in one of the target occupations as identified in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry guide.
- have a profile registered in Express Entry system.
- score 67 points or more on the stream’s six selection factors.
- have at least one year of skilled work experience in one of our target occupations.
- have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent.
- prove language ability in English or French at Canadian Language Benchmark 7.
- show enough financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.
The Manitoba Skilled Workers Overseas category is for qualified skilled workers who may be outside of Canada but who can demonstrate a strong connection to the province. Requirements:
- Obtain a minimum score of 60 out of 100 points on the points assessment grid;
- A close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
- Declared a regional destination;
- At least six months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
- A minimum language proficiency of CLB 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB 6).
5) Family reunion
You do not need a job offer for a family union program. If your partner, parent, child, grand-child are PR or Canadian citizen, you may immigrate to Canada if they sponsor you.
* Immigration rules and program criteria can change at any time.
Contact us if you have any question or need assessment.
Tips to increase success for Canadian PR under marriage or common-law partnership
Outside vs Inside Canada – Sponsorship application
Yumi Ueda, LLB 【Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant】
Originally from Saitama, Japan and immigrated to Canada in 2003. Graduated from the Immigration Practitioner program at University of British Columbia in 2005. Worked at an immigration division of Davis LLP (integrated to the world’s largest law firm DLA Piper) from 2007 to 2016. In 2009, passed the national exam of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), and became a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant. Established YuPass Canada Immigration Inc.
in 2016. Has experience with assisting over 1,000 customers from 28 countries. Member of Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants
You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.