DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application with affordable price

DIY Online support for your Canada Immigration Application with affordable price

Purchase and Inquiry

604-558-3223 (Ext. 802)


I have a Working Holiday (or Post Graduate) Work Permit. Can my spouse apply for an Open Work Permit?

Yes. The key is that the Principal applicant who has a Working Holiday or Post Graduate Work Permit is currently employed in a skilled occupation in Canada and can prove it.

The Principal applicant who has an Open Work Permit:

  • has to be working in Canada

  • can prove she/he is working in a skilled occupation

  • have at least 6 months left on his/her Work Permit

  • prove marriage or common-law relationship.

In addition to an application for an Open Work Permit for a spouse, your spouse will also need to include copies of the following documents:

  • Proof of relationship (marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship)

  • Principal applicant’s IEC (e.g. working holiday) or Post Graduate Work Permit

  • Letter from the principal applicant’s current employer confirming employment or an employment offer or contract; and

  • Principal applicant’s last 3 pay slips.

The spouse can apply for an Open Work Permit at the port of entry (e.g. Canadian airport) or to the in-Canada visa office in Vegreville Alberta if she/he is in Canada.

Resources on IRCC websites

Yumi Ueda, LLB 【Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant】

埼玉県出身。法学部卒業。2003年カナダに移住。ブリティッシュコロンビア大学(UBC)移民法プログラム修了。カナダの様々な移民コンサルタント・弁護士事務所にて勤務。2007年より、大手法律事務所・Davis LLP(2015年よりDLA Piper LLPに統合)に勤務。2009年、カナダ政府公認移民コンサルンタントの国家試験に合格。2016年に移民コンサルタント事務所、YuPass Canada Immigration Inc.を設立。これまでに個人・企業を含め、世界28か国1,000人以上のビザ取得をサポート。Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants会員。
Originally from Saitama, Japan and immigrated to Canada in 2003. Graduated from the Immigration Practitioner program at University of British Columbia in 2005.  Worked at an immigration division of Davis LLP (integrated to the world’s largest law firm DLA Piper) from 2007 to 2016.  In 2009, passed the national exam of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), and became a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.   Established YuPass Canada Immigration Inc. in 2016. Has experience with assisting over 1,000 customers from 28 countries. Member of Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants.

You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

Apply Today!
Contact Us

Suggestion to reduce costs for hiring and Intra-company transferees

How to cut accompanying fees for study abroad

Follow Us