October 7, 2021
【Fully vaccinated travellers can now apply for a Work Permit at Canadian airports】(Updated October 7, 2021)
Covid-19 measure prevented us from applying for a Work Permit at the airport, but foreign nationals are now able to apply at the Canadian airport!
Entry requirements are as follows.
- Having a complete set of application documents with you.
- Must meet eTA requirements (e.g. USA and Australian citizens are visa exempt ).
- Received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty, Moderna Spikevax, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria/COVISHIELD, Janssen/Johnson & Johnson); and received your last dose at least 14 days before your arrival to Canada.
- Being asymptomatic upon arrival
- Within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada, take a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test (Antigen tests are not accepted for entry)
- Submitting all required COVID-19 information into ArriveCAN prior to travel
（having a paper or digital copy of your proof of vaccination in English or French (or certified translation))
- Having a suitable quarantine plan, in case you don’t get the exemption or test positive after entry
- If selected for mandatory randomized testing, follow the instructions upon entry to complete an Arrival test.
＊You can also apply to the embassy for Work Permit as before.
＊Working holiday applicants need to apply to the embassy beforehand.
The situation changes frequently, so please check the latest information before you leave.
Work Permit who can apply
Check items for fully vaccinated travellers
If you are transferring to Canada, these are the tips to read
Are you applying for a Work Permit at a Canadian airport?
How to apply for a pre-approval of a Canada Work Permit quicker?
Yumi Ueda, LLB 【Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant】
埼玉県出身。法学部卒業。2003年カナダに移住。ブリティッシュコロンビア大学（UBC）移民法プログラム修了。カナダの様々な移民コンサルタント・弁護士事務所にて勤務。2007年より、大手法律事務所・Davis LLP(2015年よりDLA Piper LLPに統合）に勤務。2009年、カナダ政府公認移民コンサルンタントの国家試験に合格。2016年に移民コンサルタント事務所、YuPass Canada Immigration Inc.を設立。これまでに個人・企業を含め、世界28か国1,000人以上のビザ取得をサポート。Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants会員。
Originally from Saitama, Japan and immigrated to Canada in 2003. Graduated from the Immigration Practitioner program at University of British Columbia in 2005. Worked at an immigration division of Davis LLP (integrated to the world’s largest law firm DLA Piper) from 2007 to 2016. In 2009, passed the national exam of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), and became a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant. Established YuPass Canada Immigration Inc. in 2016. Has experience with assisting over 1,000 customers from 28 countries. Member of Canadian Association Of Professional Immigration Consultants.
You will be assisted in obtaining your visas or permit by an Experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.